Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fall Retreat

Dear BITL readers,

I can see the long range jewel tone views, smell the embers burning in the fireplace, and feel the crisp, clean air at 4300 feet. 
 
It's that time of year again when my family takes their "it's the kickoff of our favorite time of year" Zen Mountain Retreat.  It's when we unplug, down-train, and retreat (aka return) to nature. (especially since the big Holiday run is about to begin and I am at my core, a daughter of the Cherokee Nation).

I encourage all of you this week, or any week - to do the same. You can start with reading my blog on How To Stay on A Permanent Vacation. 
Part One
Part Two


Realizing I can stay on a permanent vacation has helped me admit that although retreats are good - we cannot always escape - and during those trying times, we can still keep a vacation state of mind.

During this fall break for many college students, school agers, and families - whether you are leaf watching or not - enjoy the time of renewal it offers for yourself and your family. 

Happy Autumn,
Ginger

*Blowing Rock, NC in the fall